[Asterisk-Users] * > Mobile Phone > Mobile Network

Mathew McKernan mat at dwonline.com.au
Sun Feb 20 21:21:59 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of David
Uzzell
Sent: Monday, 21 February 2005 2:53 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] * > Mobile Phone > Mobile Network

Ok I have a question. Seen it come and go around the mailling list for a

while but never really seen an answer that seems to sort it out.

What is needed is some interface from * > Mobile Phone > Mobile Network
Service.

At this point all the providers in AUS that I have found are charging a
Premium Rate for Land Line > Mobile Network services.

What I would like to do is be able to purchase a low rate Mobile SIM
that I can chuck into a Mobile Phone and have it setup so that I route
the Mobile calls through it.

Rembering that most if not all mobile phones can be accessed via RS232
interface.

Anyone done this or seen it done or know how to do it using * and
whatever?

Cheers
David
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:

Hi David,

Have a look at some second hand Ericson kits on Ebay. They had special
units, that basically had a normal GSM Ericson phone in them. But on the
side had a normal Australian 610 socket and rj11 socket.

You could simply interface this into your digium cards as a normal pstn
line.

They were originally designed for the exact purpose you want for
coupling with existing telephone systems. They are also used for
connection to fire signalling units and alarm systems.

Thanks

Mathew McKernan
Digital World Computers
Maribyrnong VIC