[Asterisk-Users] A bit of a survey: What do do if youneedmorethan4 C.O. lines

James Andrewartha jamesa at daa.com.au
Sun Feb 20 20:40:21 MST 2005

Jim Van Meggelen wrote:
> asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
>
>>Jim Van Meggelen wrote:
>>

>>>Yep, that's a possibility, but it's rather more kludgy than I'd like.
>>>(heck, the channel bank and T1 is more kludgy than I'd like - an
>>>integrated card would be my preference).
>>
>>I haven't followed this thread closely but have you looked into the
>>Voicetronix OpenSwitch cards?
>>
>>http://www.voicetronix.com.au/hda.htm
>

> I've looked at them, but never heard much about them. Is anyone using
> them? Can anyone give a comparison vs. the TDM400?

I'm using a Voicetronix OpenLine4, and it works well under asterisk.
Initially I had some echo problems, but Voicetronix support is excellent and
solved them (I've just updated the wiki with the bal# values they gave me).

I can't compare it to the TDM400, not having used one, but you can use
multiple Voicetronix OpenSwitch 6 and 12 cards in one system without the
interrupt problem of the TDM400.

James Andrewartha
DAA Sysadmin