[Asterisk-Users] Phones for vitural office business

dkwok dkwok at iware.com.au
Sun Feb 20 19:25:40 MST 2005

I am looking for IP phones that are suited to serviced office operation.

The business is to answer calls for customers. The incoming lines are E1
and customers are allocated with DID. So the customers' phone can be
answered with the customers' designed messages and instruction. This can
be done easily with key phone system. It seems to be a problem for IP
phone system. I read previous discussions on the pros and cons of key
system and ip phone system. However, still need to offer an solution to
the operation
whereby when calls come in, the operators will be able to identify whose
customer's call and answer for that customer accordingly.

I have a look at Snom 220 with console. Does the line appearance
function solve this problem if DID is assigned to difference line of the
ip phone?

Any suggestion will be welcome.

David Kwok