[Asterisk-Users] Sparc hardware, Linux and X100P REVISITED

Robert Burcham rob_burcham at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 20 15:31:49 MST 2005

I was studying the asterisk-users list archives
to learn if anyone has had success with an X100P on a
sparc. I noticed some postings on the subject.  I am
wondering if anyone has learned anything new?

I have an Ultra-60 running Gentoo with 2.6.10 and
udev. I built * 1.0.5 and have been enjoying
various SIP configurations, with 2 sipura phones and 2
UIP200 phones (got them working!) in my home, bridging
in FWD and now Voiptalk too.

I bought 2 X100P clones via ebay, and put one in my
U60. I can see it with lspci:

0001:00:02.0 Communication controller: Tiger Jet
Network Inc. Tiger3XX Modem/ISDN interface

I successfully built zaptel, and can modprobe zaptel
and wcfxo:

# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
wcfxo                  14680  0
zaptel                195424  1 wcfxo
crc_ccitt               2752  1 zaptel

However I can't ztcfg with any success:

# ztcfg -v

Zaptel Configuration
======================

1 channels configured.

ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: Invalid argument
(22)
Did you forget that FXS interfaces are configured with
FXO signalling
and that FXO interfaces use FXS signalling?

In fact dmesg never shows wcfxo completely setting
up the card:

# dmesg
<snip>
Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
wcfxo: DAA mode is 'FCC'
Found a Wildcard FXO: Generic Clone
PCI Target abort
PCI Target abort
PCI Target abort

I have to think that the PCI driver does not get along
with the wcfxo driver for the X100P clone. Also,
strange things happen while the driver is loaded
too...
consoles dropping, etc.

As for pure SIP related functions, * 1.0.5 on sparc
has performed very well, with all functions (moh, vm,
xfer, call park, etc) working admirably.

Has anyone been able to get any farther than I have
with the X100P on a sparc?

Rob