[Asterisk-Users] A bit of a survey: What do do if you needmorethan 4 C.O. lines

Jim Van Meggelen jim at vanmeggelen.ca
Sun Feb 20 14:22:00 MST 2005

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-02-20 at 11:47 -0500, Jim Van Meggelen wrote:
>> Well, I appreciate everyone's input, and I'll give the matter some
>> more thought.
>>
>> Just so no one stays up at night worrying, this is not a situation I
>> am facing, it is simply a hypothetical scenario.
>>
>> As with so many things, there is always a trade-off between economy
>> and functionality. The Adit 600 and T1 integration is certainly
>> quality, but I have not been able find an economical way to do this
>> (purchasing used equipment on eBay is fine for smaller deployments
>> and lab gear, but not a very sound logistics strategy, and awfully
>> difficult to explain to a customer).
>
> This would be one of those cases where you keep a couple in
> stock and watch the ebay auctions when your stock goes low.
> You will find that your customers that are looking for the
> cheapest solutions possible will not baulk at used equipment.
> It is highly likely that they will price you against a used key
> system or pbx.

Certainly keeping spares in stock is good advice, and I don't mind using
pre-owned equipment if it's solid stuff (which I know the adit is). I'm
going to think about this some.

As for price, that's always the challenge. Thing is, the lowest price
does not always win. Still, being able to keep costs low is always going
to be an advantage.

--
Jim Van Meggelen
jim at vanmeggelen.ca