[Asterisk-Users] Power failure + which card must i choose

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sun Feb 20 01:16:25 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 16:08 -0500, Giovanni Powell wrote:
> If there is a power failure, which cards other than x100p and
> voicetronix openswitch provide "redundancy".

Once you go beyond analog, you have to have power. Power isn't always
cheap but it isn't hard to come by. I have UPSs at home that can power a
asterisk machine with several ports of analog or T1 for around 2 hours.
They run $1600. They also support extra external batteries that could
extend the time out as far as you are willing to build it to. If I added
4 17ah batteries to it, I should get more than 5 hours of uptime. Not
too expensive when the batteries are about $40 or so a piece.