[Asterisk-Users] A bit of a survey: What do do if you needmorethan 4 C.O. lines

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sat Feb 19 22:45:06 MST 2005

On February 20, 2005 12:26 am, Michael Giagnocavo wrote:
> If you have a TDM card already, buying a T1, channelbank, etc. to add a few
> lines is the stupidest thing I've heard of today.

I disagree wholeheartedly.  Recoup your investment on ebay or use it in
another setup.  TE110P+Adit600 or TA750 and you can't go wrong.  They Simply
Work.  Telco-grade (as opposed to consumer-grade), properly-engineered
adaptive hybrids and room for expansion.  Not to mention that about $800
spent is well worth the total lack of headaches you will have with this
setup.

> Have you looked into buying some cheap multiport ATAs? 2 port SIP/IAX2 ATA
> should be around $70-80?

No thanks.  Wall-wart and cable hell, not to mention a larger footprint, more
heat and now having to debug any interop issues that will undoubtedly creep
in as the asterisk source and ATA firmware changes.

Economy doesn't just entail currency exchanged.

-A.