[Asterisk-Users] OT: Aastra 390 - weird problem

Matt Gibson gibson at experthost.com
Sat Feb 19 21:11:35 MST 2005

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On February 14, 2005 01:18 am, Matt Gibson wrote:
>
>>It can receive calls both when receiving power, and when not receiving
>>power. It can make calls only when not receiving power from the wall. I
>>tried unplugging it for a good 10-15 minutes to make sure
>>it was off for sufficient time, but still didn't make a difference.
>

> What happens when you plug it directly into the POTS line from the telco --
> does it fail to send good DTMF when powered as well?

Sorry took so long to get to this - busy this week. Anyway, I've since
tried what you suggested, and it worked. Now, this was plugged into a
different outlet, so I brought my phone back to the desk and plugged it
back in over here, and it doesn't work. I then tested once more with a
different phone that is powered, and it works over here. Then, I tested
with the PT390, in the same outlet, but different FXS port on the tdm
card, and it still doesn't work.

So, to sum up.

- Phone works when not receiving power from outlet when plugged into FXS
- FXS port tested with OTHER powered and non powered phones, both work
- Phone works when receiving power if bypassing *, directly into PSTN
- Phone doesn't work on OTHER FXS ports if it is receiving power
- Phone does work on OTHER FXS ports if it is not receiving power

weird eh?

Matt

--
Matt Gibson