[Asterisk-Users] simpletelecom.com??? are they a SCAM?

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 17:37:59 MST 2005

I have been using simpletelecom.com for over 2  months now to make
outboudn long distance calls, I didn't have any problems what so ever
with them.
To send callerid this is how I do it:
exten => 81NXXNXXXXXX,1,SetCallerID("MY NAME" <1235551234>)
exten => 81NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial(SIP/${SIMPLETELE}/${EXTEN:1},60,tr)
exten => 81NXXNXXXXXX,3,Congestion
Caller ID will be passed like this, however in most cases the name is
not passed along but looked up in an SS7 database against the number
passed along and that name is displayed, meaning you can't have your
name changed.