[Asterisk-Users] No Sounds

Race Vanderdecken asteriskusers at codetyrant.com
Sat Feb 19 16:42:55 MST 2005

Okay,

A couple of things could be happening so let's run through a list. Your
questions are a little vague so I shall make my answer also vague.

1. Codec.
	Are you allowing for and does the "phone" support the codec that
the sounds are in? (I.e. do you have a G.729 license for your Minkey?)

2. Does the phone support the G.711a/u law that I think the sounds come
in?

3. Test first the voicemail playback demo and make sure you can here the
sound there before jumping into a conference. Dial extension 500, do you
hear anything?

4. Is your phone working? Have you made a call to a live person?

Race