[Asterisk-Users] simpletelecom.com??? are they a SCAM?

Leif Madsen - Independent Asterisk Consultant asterisk.leif.madsen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 11:01:21 MST 2005

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 21:56:44 +0600, Madhawa <madhawa4ever at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi List!
> any body use www.simpletelecom.com?
>
> so anyone here has experience with them? are they a SCAM?

What is it with all the "IS THIS A SCAM?!" emails lately?  I'm almost
starting to wonder if its a single entity with some ulterior motive.
Anyways, conspiracy theories aside.

I've been using simpletelecom for long distance calls for probably
nearly a year now. I've never had a problem with them except that I've
not been able to figure out how to pass my caller-ID string when
placing calls. For example, when I call Kitchener, ON, the number that
it breaks out from appears in a list of payphone numbers for a popular
phreaking magazine. That certainly has boggled me for quite some time.
The calls do complete though, and this is just for personal use, so
I've never really made a big fuss of it.  Although if someone knows
how to pass callerID through simpletelecom I'd love to hear it.

--
Leif Madsen
http://www.leifmadsen.com