[Asterisk-Users] MultiLine Sip Phones (3com 3102)

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Sat Feb 19 05:45:55 MST 2005

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005, Joel Vandal wrote:

> I've just get a 3COM 3102 but is not configured to use SIP protocol. I've
> read that I need an NCP PBX from 3com to upgrade to SIP firmware ? Does it's
> true ? I must try to upgrade this =)

On an earlier thread on asterisk-users it sounded like the 3com phones
downloads their os/program from a 3com pbx using a proprietary method.
They need to be booted from the pbx (and not a NCP pbx of you want sip).
Apparently they do not have enough flash memory to hold the program.

This may be related to older models for all I know.

Peter