[Asterisk-Users] Calls directed via queue to unavailable device result in call acceptance

Ryan Stark rstark at tuzakey.com
Fri Feb 18 20:31:22 MST 2005

Well I fixed my setup by creating a seperate context for extension
defenitions for agents.

[agents]
exten => 1000,1,Dial(SIP/1000,20,rt)
exten => 1001,1,Dial(SIP/1001,20,rt)
exten => 1002,1,Dial(SIP/1002,20,rt)

and then had their regular menu accessable and inter office extensions
in defualt context:

[default]
exten => 1000,1,Answer
exten => 1000,2,Dial(SIP/1000,20,rt)
exten => 1000,3,Voicemail(su1000)
exten => 1001,1,Answer
exten => 1001,2,Dial(SIP/1001,20,rt)
exten => 1001,3,Voicemail(su1001)
exten => 1002,1,Answer
exten => 1002,2,Dial(SIP/1002,20,rt)
exten => 1002,3,Voicemail(su1002)

and then my callback login looks like so:
exten => 6555,1,AgentCallBackLogin(|${CALLERIDNUM}@agents)

Of course if the agents connection craps out you'll still probably get
that nasty error.  I think there is a way to define an extension that
will catch connection failures and not hangups.  Or maybe catch agent
dumps and place them back in the queue instead of hanging up.

If you've found a way to solve this I'd like to hear it.

Thanks,
-Ryan