[Asterisk-Users] Mac Mini and chan_bluetooth, has anyone told The o if it works?

Aaron Glenn aaron.glenn at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 14:38:19 MST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:30:42 -0800, Robert Goodyear <me at jrob.net> wrote:
> That is pretty cool, except I'm not able to get my head around the
> usefulness of BT's 3~30 foot range limitation. Every time I think of a
> great use for BT, I then think about the consequences of walking down
> the hall for a moment.

Bluetooth range is HEAVILY dependent on the stack; in addition to
chipset and power. Case in point - my brand new XV6600 PDA phone had
maybe 5 feet reception (and poor reception at that) With a few patches
it hit 20 pretty well. After the official ROM upgrade, I can go about
30 through walls. My roommate's smartphone runs the microsoft stack;
and using the same headset I can go 50 through multiple walls.

A little FYI.

aaron.glenn