[Asterisk-Users] defining the zap channel used on inbound analogue calls

Brett, Gary gary.brett at cetelem.co.uk
Fri Feb 18 11:11:26 MST 2005

Hello all

I am relatively new to asterisk and am sure this will be a simple question
to answer. I have a TDM400p card and I am in the process of creating my dial
plan, however I am a bit stuck on one thing. I have 2 analogue lines (each
obviously with its own DDI) connected to the card; I want to set it up so
that if I dial inbound to the first DDI (e.g. 02087775555) it will go to the
IVR and when I ring inbound to the second DDI (e.g. 02087776666) I want it
to go directly to the SIP phone internally. Its with the latter I am having
the issue

My problem is this .... Due to the fact these are analogue lines, I realise
that the DDI is not sent to the TDM400P so I presume the only way for the
dial plan to filter inbound calls is by the Zap Channel it came in on? (In
my case Zap/1 and Zap/2). I have tried the following

------
[globals]

INBOUND=Zap/2

[default]

exten => ${INBOUND},1,Answer
exten => ${INBOUND},2,Background(soundfile),tT
exten => ${INBOUND},3,Hangup

------
I also tried
exten => Zap/2,1,Answer

And

exten => Zap/2-1,1,Answer

And various other combinations all to no avail, is it possible to filter by
the Zap channel used ?, Surely if I want to direct call a phone, I don’t
have to go through an IVR everytime ?? (I realise this wouldn’t be an issue
with ISDN).

I noticed also in some documentation that you have to use an ‘s’ for all
analogue traffic, is this the case ?? and if so can you use it in
conjunction with a zap channel definition ??

So in summary, How does the dialplan define the Zap channel used on inbound
analogue calls

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Gary