[Asterisk-Users] Anyone having trouble with VoicePulse Connect?

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Fri Feb 18 09:36:50 MST 2005

beonice wrote:
> But we still have the issue of what happens when calls
> come in from DIDs in other countries. How are our
> colleagues in Europe and Asia handling this? Are you
> all creating handlers that special-case your incoming
> DID pattern and then map it to the handler for 's' as
> Robert demonstrated above?
>
> I guess the fundamental question is "why is a call
> coming in from a DID any different?" And, of course,
> "does a call coming in _not_ from a DID (maybe via an
> SIP device? I don't know what the options are!) get
> automagically handled by the 's' handler without
> special mappings?"

I think you've confused your DID with inbound callerid.

Unless you have a international DID, the exten=>_NXXNXXXXXX pattern
should always accept any call bound for you from that context.

Even if someone calls you from an international location, voicepulse
*should* always present a unique DID to you the same way every time.

Now, if you want to do processing of an inbound call diferently based on
it's origination number(it's callerid), you handle that afterwards.

exten => _NXXNXXXXXX/NXXNXXXXXX,1,Goto(fromUS,1)
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX/XX.,1,(Goto(fromSomewhereElse,1) ; see note!

Note: I'm guessing on the pattern matching for the international number.
I've not had to handle this yet, so I am just guessing based on what
I've read.

You would also probably want to deal with numbers that didn't present a
callerid. Check the wiki for examples, I don't know the syntax. (search
for ex-girlfriend blocking)

HTH!

--
Andrew Thompson