[Asterisk-Users] functional difference: canreinvite=yes, no, or update

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Fri Feb 18 09:04:35 MST 2005

Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> Actually, we could solve Matthew's problem by checking the IP addresses
> against the localnet setting and checking if both phones are on the same
> side. If both are within the localnet, we can reinvite. If both are on
> public side, we can reinvite. But if one is localnet and one is public,
> we could automagitically disable reinvite.

Yes, that is a start. As long as you are comparing the "perceived"
addresses (which I know you would be, I'm just clarifying for others who
are reading this thread), that will work, because it won't matter what
private addresses the remote peers may be using behind their NATs.

It will still break in bizarre routing scenarios, but people who build
those networks are used to dealing with stuff like that.

> This should really be the default behaviour if canreinvite=yes and
> localnet is set to something.

Agreed.