[Asterisk-Users] Problem with starting music on hold when callconnects to phone via queue

Senyo Gualt-Williams senyo at fonality.com
Fri Feb 18 08:49:59 MST 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 04:15:55PM -0800, Senyo Gualt-Williams wrote:
> start the MOH.   Has anyone else encountered this?

yes exactly the same problem here. I already posted this a while ago but
without getting any response.
Would be really nice if we could fix this.

Stefan

I believe we found what the problem is.  For some reason it seems like the
bridge is not being set correctly when calls come in over the queue. In the
version of asterisk we are using (asterisk-1.0.2), chan_sip.c evaluates "if
(p->owner->bridge)" in order to start music on hold, but since the bridge
doesn't seem to be set correctly, no on-hold music starts. I'll check to see
if this bug has already been reported.

Does anyone know if what might be causing this bridge to not be set? If it's
just a configuration issue then I would like to avoid raising any "bug
alarm" if it is not needed.

Good and bad to hear that I wasn't alone in this issue.
Thanks,
~Senyo