[Asterisk-Users] Vonage, broadvoice et al {Scanned}

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Fri Feb 18 08:13:34 MST 2005

With unlimited calling plans you need to read the terms of service.
Sharing the account within a household or business usually fits in with
that. Reselling services in any way is usually prohibited.

Some providers with unlimited plans will allow you to set the outbound
caller ID to any number on the account. In cases where they only put
unlimited plans on an ATA, you can still connect that to * with an fxo
card. Most of the providers have various hunt and multi=ring options
that you can configure via their web interface.

One thing I have run into with 2 providers is their current inability to
have multiple SIP/IAX logins within the same account. If I might want to
someday have the California DID's land on a server at the California
office, I have to create a new account when I order them. Otherwise, all
DID's go to the last server that registered with the provider. It's a
nuisance because I have to do the entire new account creation process
with the provider for each DID and then wind up with different web
interface logins for each.