[Asterisk-Users] Weird Echo Problem

Martin Roy mroy at mac.com
Fri Feb 18 07:41:30 MST 2005

Well I have 3 Digium TDM04B (4 port FXO) installed in my server. I use
10 channels out of 12. There's 5 PCI slots on my motherboard, currently
they fill the first 3 PCI slots. I can try to move them arround leaving
one free PCI slot between each of them. The motherboard I use is a Tyan
S2875ANRF with dual opteron, 1GB of RAM, 2x 74GB WD Raptor SATA 10k rpm
HD, GeForce 4 MX400 AGP graphic card. I have Fedora Core 3 AMD 64bits
installed on it. The motherboard is installed in an Antec 3U Rackmount case.

I have a Clipcomm device with 4 FXS ports so it's not part of the server
and since I have currently only one user using a wireless analog  phone
I don't know if I do have echo problem on this phone but I have 30 Cisco
7960 phones working with SIP and my main concern is to have the echo fix
on the Cisco phones.

I have a lot of stuff in my Rackmount cabinet could it create
interference that create the echo? It's a real mess in there for now I
have to clean it up but I can't put the entire network down during the
week so I'll have to do it in the weekend... Otherwise I'll have a lot
of people complaining hehe.

Thanks

Martin