[Asterisk-Users] Wiring question for Digium card

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Fri Feb 18 07:17:16 MST 2005

All you really need is a two wire/two pin cable with a 6 position
modular plug on each end ( incorrectly referenced frequently as an RJxx
) Simply plug into the desired 8 position connectors, and the PSTN  wall
connection. If you are not US, then it's up to you to find the dialtone
from the PSTN
I asked Digium  for a pinout of the 8 position modular connectors on the
TDM card, and never received a response.
It would seem that only the two center pins ( 4 & 5 ) are used, but I
can't be sure of that.

Digium doesn't seem to know much about this card, as I was told by one
support person in no uncertain terms that the FXS module did NOT work in
a ground start mode, and have since proven that is not the case.
Another user was told that it "should work"
 The FXS module absolutely can be configured as ground start. What the
configuration does at call termination is not yet known.
Ground start is an important feature for those of us who are using
Asterisk as an interface to our electromechanical switches,
interconnecting in a private collectors network.

John Novack