[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk with SER

Vyom A vyom2k4 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 18 06:12:38 MST 2005

Hi all,

I am trying to configure * to work with SER (Sip Express Router),
the configuration that I am trying is as follows.
I have 2 windows machines running X-Lite soft phones
The * registers with the SER,
I want a call from one X-Lite to asterisk(after registration) which is to
be forwarded to other X-Lite.
For now, I am running both SER and * on the same machine
(IP:10.232.2.249) with * on port 5061 and SER on 5060

The contents of the sip.conf is as follows
[general]
port=5061
context=from-sip
register => asterisk:password at 10.232.2.249:5060/12345
[ser]
type=friend
username=asterisk
secret=password
host=10.232.2.249:5060
[12345]
type=friend
username=12345
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=inband
In extensions.conf
[from-sip]
exten => 12345, 1, Dial(SIP/12345)
exten => 12345, 2, Hangup

The call is not established, error is: "499: not acceptable here"
What can be the problem?. Am I missing something in the configuration?