[Asterisk-Users] Zultys Paging Solution / App for Multicast

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Thu Feb 17 22:31:29 MST 2005

Mathew McKernan wrote:

> We need an app to send RTP packets with a codec of G711U to send to port
> 3771 on multicast dest of 224.0.0.1. There isn’t any need to use SDP or
> SCCP packets to inform the phone to “listen” for those packets, they do
> it by default. Finally we may be able to get a solution going for Zultys
> handsets as they are fairly affordable with more features than some of
> the BudgetTones.

That would actually be a channel, not an app. You'd Dial() one up (or
initiate it via a manager connection) and then either bridge to it or
run a macro in it to play previously recorded audio.

This would not be a hard channel to build, for such a limited
application. The biggest issue will be getting Asterisk to send out RTP
when it is not receiving any, since it uses the incoming stream to
"clock" the outgoing stream, but there are ways that could be solved.