[Asterisk-Users] Outbound Caller ID on PRI

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Thu Feb 17 20:38:45 MST 2005

Rod Bacon wrote:
> Would someone mind doing an intense debug on their ISDN PRI and see what
> LEN (length) the calling number field is being sent? Maybe everyone is
> sending 14 characters, and my Telco is just fussier than most.

Not asterisk related but on the Nortel Opt 81C switches that I maintain,
the CLID is sent out on the PRI-ISDN span d-channels as (520) 873-XXXX
which I believe is 14 characters.  It shows up on my caller ID unit at
home as (520) 873-XXXX which is 14 characters.

The telco I am connected to is Time Warner and their CO switch is a
Nortel DMS-500 running NI2 compatible software.  This is in Arizona USA.

George Cohn