[Asterisk-Users] Digium TDM 400P and Dell 1750

Keith O'Brien keitheobrien at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 19:41:17 MST 2005

Ok, makes sense.   I obviously have one of the newer TDM400P cards since it
does have the power connector.   However, I only plan on using FXO ports.
Will the card work without external power if there are only FXO ports?

Thanks

Old TDM400P cards did not have a power connector. The new ones do. The power
to the card is required on any card that has a power connector. The modern
TDM400P cards are the only Digium cards that require external power (since
they are the only cards that support analog FXS ports and those ports
require more power than many motherboards can provide via the PCI bus)