[Asterisk-Users] Mac Mini and chan_bluetooth, has anyone told The o if it works?

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Thu Feb 17 16:10:19 MST 2005

I googled on this for about an hour and the most relevant hit I got was, of
course, the first hit:

http://www.sowerbutts.com/linux-mac-mini/#support

In it, he indicates that the stock Bluetooth module "should work, but
untested" - he doesn't qualify the statement with anything. Has anyone tried
chan_bluetooth or even the Bluz stack on a Mini or a G5? If so, under Linux
or OSX? (assuming it will compile) If not, I'm eager to try it when my Mini
comes in. What's the point of that, you say?

Hmmm....let's see, IAX <--> Bluetooth on a Mac seems to be a bit of a killer
app. PSTN calls are handed off from a primary Asterisk server to dialplan on
a user's Mac, and the user's cell phone rings. Or the user's Mac announces
the user's presence to Asterisk or the LAN by the cell in his pocket and re
routes calls automatically. That's pretty friggin killer, don't you think?