[Asterisk-Users] SIP peer registration interval

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Thu Feb 17 14:02:26 MST 2005

On 16:48, Thu 17 Feb 05, Stefan Gofferje wrote:
> nathan at yorkukhosting.com schrieb:
>
> >If you're behind NAT try enabling qualify in sip.conf. Either
> >qualify=yes
> >or try a specific value, for example qualify=1000. More info on the
> >wiki:
> >
> >http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20sip%20qualify
>
> As far as I understood, qualify has nothing to do with the registration
> status but just checks if the peer is reachable. Actually, I am behind a
> NAT but I have a firewall with a SIP ALG which does all the necessary
> changes to the packets.

Dont know if this is related but I had the same problems
with sip registration of a snom 190.
Putting qualify=yes resolved it here.
I know it should be just for checking, but it will also keep
a state open on the firewall, so that might be the trick.

--
Michiel van Baak
http://lunteren.vanbaak.info
michiel at vanbaak.info
GnuPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7E0B9A2D

"Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and BSD. I don't think that this is a coincidence."