[Asterisk-Users] Anyone having trouble with VoicePulse Connect?

beonice beonice at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 13:10:33 MST 2005

Robert,

Thanks for the suggestion. I also came to the same
conclusion, but Asterisk wasn't showing any errors.
Then I decided to go back to basics, so I backed up my
extensions.conf and used the sample one provided by
voicepulse .... voila, it worked.

The culprit? Me. I'd commented out the line:
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Background(welcome) ;
which is apparently a critical one. I was under the
impression that

exten => s,1,Answer

was all that was needed to make sure Asterisk answers
the phone ... obviously not. :)

The importance of this line probably belongs in a FAQ
somewhere. I'll see if I can figure out how to update
the information on the wiki somehow.

By the way, what _is_ the known bug in #include files
that I need to look out for (for future debugging
hints ... I'm sure I'll run into in somewhere down the
line!)?

Thanks again,
Maya