[Asterisk-Users] SIP peer registration interval

Magnus Jungsbluth asterisk at jungsbluth.de
Thu Feb 17 12:29:35 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with the same Provider running asterisk on
an "open" server that is in a hosted environment. The Problem is
definately not the defaultexpirey. I can watch asterisk refreshing the
registration every few minutes when using sip debugging. After a while
(days) asterisk stops refreshing the registration. "sip show registry"
shows that asterisk thinks it has a valid registration that expires
after 120sec, BUT it doesn't do anything about it. After a while the SIP
Provider assumes that asterisk is offline ....
My solution is to restart asterisk once a day which is not satisdying
but works fine so far.
Im using stable 1.0.2. The sipgate is using SER as proxy...

greetings,
    Magnus