[Asterisk-Users] PRI and echocancel

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Thu Feb 17 11:49:31 MST 2005

I get sideband (interpreted by the enduser as echo) when calling a POTS line
through our PRI on Snom's or X-Ten. Our crappy BudgeTones actually sound the
best.

Everyone is exactly right here, that it really depends how the call is
terminated on the other side. Calling from a Snom terminating to a PCS cell,
for example, is crystal, no sideband at all. I'm assuming that the PCS
carrier is doing their own echo cancel / sideband reduction.

I dealt with my issues by simply cranking down the gain on the PRI
(dramatically, I think I am at -15 Tx) . Every PRI from every carrier has
different gain values; on my PRI, the carrier has it cranked to the max.
Fiddling with gain values was, at least for me, the most effective way of
eliminating the issue.