[Asterisk-Users] CVS in production env (Attended xfer)

Leif Madsen - Independent Asterisk Consultant asterisk.leif.madsen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 10:46:38 MST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:42:54 -0600, Eric Wieling <eric at fnords.org> wrote:
> Asterisk lacks good documentation.  The documentation that is
> available is fragmented.  This is bad.  Fortunately, we are seeing a
> slow consolidation of documentation.  SineApps is now syndicating the
> updates information on asteriskdocs.org.  I closed down MY small web
> site with AGI script examples and sample configs and donated the whole
> site to the Asterisk Docs project.

Which I am still in the process of trying to digest and figure out the
best way to add it to the site. I expect more things of this nature to
be donated at some point in the future (hopefully!) so I am trying to
figure out a good way of adding it to Xoops (the backend we use for
the Asterisk Documentation Project website).  If anyone is a Xoops
guru and can give me a hand, please contact me OFF-LIST.

> I want to encourage everyone that has Asterisk related documentation
> web pages/sites to donate the information to the Asterisk Docs project.

I also would like encourage this. I believe centralizing Asterisk
documentation is a step in the right direction. While documentation
*is* fragmented and spread throughout the Internet, at the very least
having links to those sites from the Asterisk Docs website is a step
in the right direction. I have to thank Eric for donating his
fantastic site to the docs project and I promise to get the
information parsed and placed on the docs project in due time.

> I also want to encourage everyone to participate in both the Asterisk
> Docs project and the Asterisk Wiki.

Documentation is created by people as they figure out how to things.
Unfortunately the documentation project is a volunteer effort and the
majority of documentation written for Asterisk has been done by a
small group of people. If you find something wrong or missing from the
Wiki or Docs project, please contribute!

Thanks,
Leif Madsen
http://www.leifmadsen.com
http://www.asteriskdocs.org