[Asterisk-Users] Sirrix ISDN Card

Oskar Senft oskar.senft at gmx.de
Thu Feb 17 06:45:44 MST 2005

Hi!

> How do I test if the card is working or not ? Is there something that I
> can
> do
> to get a response from the card ?
> Ive put the card in, installed drivers ect but can't dial out and can't
> see
> response when I try dial in from external number.
Did you configure groups in sirrix.conf? See
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20config%20sirrix.conf
for examples. You need to set the "number" parameter correctly or simply set
"number = +" to receive any call on any number on that port.
IF you have configured ports in sirrix.conf and you startup Asterik that
loads chan_sirrix, you should see some output in /var/log/messages like
"Enabling interrupts from ISACx".

When you have configured ports, the LEDs near the RJ45 sockets shall light
up as soon as Layer 1 is activated (eg. phone is plugged in). Then you can
enable debugging output from Asterisk (logger.conf) and see some details
(e.g. when phone requests channel or incoming call is detected), probably
you need to start Asterisk in console mode (asterisk -vc).

I hope this could help you. If you have further questions about the
Sirrix.PCI4S0 feel free to contact me by eMail o.senft at sirrix.com.

Regards,
Oskar.