[Asterisk-Users] [patch] fix libpri problem in Q931_INFORMATION handling

Deti Fliegl deti at fliegl.de
Thu Feb 17 05:57:21 MST 2005

Peter Svensson wrote:
> What is c->ourcallstate set to at this time? Can you provide a debug log
> (pri intense debug span xxx) of the call?
it's Q931_CALL_STATE_ACTIVE - that's what it should be after a call is
established.

> Asterisk only expects INFORMATION elements when expecting overlap digits
> (i.e. before CONNECT, PROCEEDING etc). After that it expects digits as
> inline dtmf.
Yep - but ISDN phones normally do not encode inline DTMF. Therefor
Keypad information can be sent.

> According to Q.931 called party address IEs in the INFORMATION message
> should only be sent during overlap digit transmission, which ends when
> PROCEEDING is sent.
Well I have read the Q.931 specification too but for eg. Siemens HiCom
PBXs and phones use keypad IEs within a connected call and no DTMF. This
leads me to at least invent a new configuration parameter for ignoring
the call state when receiving such IEs.

Any other ideas?

Deti