[Asterisk-Users] Using Hylafax and Digium T100P

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Thu Feb 17 05:39:38 MST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, Rich Adamson wrote:

> In the post that I was responding to, the writer hinted his understanding
> was that T1 to T1 channel connections didn't involve any asterisk code.
> His impression seemed to suggest that codec selection, etc, wasn't a
> factor since the analog fax modem signals were coming in one T1 channel
> (or PRI channel) and going out another without passing across the * pci
> bus. (Purhaps I've have read too much into his post though.)
>
> If the analog modem signals are transitioning the * pci bus, there
> is a high likelihood the modem signals will not be accurately handled
> by * and thus limit the speed at which the fax modem will function.
> Don't read that as "it will", but rather "it might". (See many past
> posts relative to analog modem usage through asterisk, and many other
> posts where readers didn't understand the significance of g711 usage
> and analog modems via asterisk.)

I think the data may get to the zaptel driver on a native bridge. I'm not
sure if there is a cross-connect in the actual TE405P card. However,
barring missed interrupts there should be no frame slips and no signal
degradation when passing a call from one T1 to another T1 on the same
TE405P card. They all share the same clocking and there should be no
slips, missing data etc.

Peter