[Asterisk-Users] VoipJet issues?

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Thu Feb 17 05:21:19 MST 2005

> Whats up to VoipJet.com? Their DNS servers are not reachable.

Looks like their provider is maybe having problems.  AS3728, onr.com, Onramp.

> Both primary and secondary
> are on the same subnet - weird setup.

While that might be true, it also might not be.

206.55.64.64 and 206.55.64.65 are not on the same network or even the same
city, for example (they used to actually be in different states).

We use OSPF internally and those addresses are not on any Ethernet network.
They're loopback interfaces.  They can be moved around.

In the case you're talking about, it's *likely* they're on the same
network, and that's not good, of course.  Those pesky rules about diversity
of nameservers exist for a reason.

... JG