[Asterisk-Users] CVS in production env (Attended xfer)

Mark Benson mark.benson at iqit.co.uk
Thu Feb 17 03:45:34 MST 2005

Yesterday I asked about a user manual - ie a user guide to actually
using asterisk (now on how to set it up) the doc project (v2) isn't
anywhere near complete and is the closest thing I could find.

Does anyone know of such a doc? The reason I ask is that while a lot of
this may be obvious to many people its not to someone new to asterisk
and there is a lot of info to trawl through, most of which is related to
configuring asterisk.

Again, the question of how to do attended xfers - how? (I now know I
need asterisk from CVS) but what key presses?

Then there is the issue of CVS in a production environment? I'm guessing
people are actually doing this, but it goes against my better judgment.
Does a roadmap for asterisk exist anywhere? If there was a roadmap I
wouldn't need to ask when the next stable release will be available. By
stable I don't mean that I think the CVS code isn't going to be
reliable, (but that is a concern) but that the code isn't going to be
changing constantly.