[Asterisk-Users] SIP address formatting problem for outbound calls going through proxy

Paulo mao_tse_tungue at yahoo.com.hk
Thu Feb 17 03:34:24 MST 2005

Hi,

I have a problem when configuring Asteriskand SER,
using SER as a simple SIP gateway. SER connects to
another third party SIP server. I want to call a user
that is registered in the third party SIP server, from
asterisk. In order to achieve this, I defined a peer
in "sip.conf", as follows:

[sip4_out]
type=peer
secret=asterisk1
username=asterisk1
fromuser=asterisk1
insecure=no
context=home
host=10.2.250.151
fromdomain=antero.ssf.pt
port=5070

Then, I defined an outbound rule in "extensions.conf":

exten => _77.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:2}@sip4_out,30,r)

At this point, I am able to dial out SIP addresses,
using my SER and a SIP client. My problem is that ALL
the addresses that I dial are formatted in the SIP
INVITE message with the IP address and port of my SIP
peer (sip4_out), in the TO: field.
For example, if I dial 77sip4 at mi.pt from my SIP
client, Asterisk will format the TO: field as:
	To: <sip:sip4 at 10.2.250.151:5070>

Is there anything we can do in the configuration files
to make Asterisk format that field with the actual SIP
address that was dialed? That is:
	To: <sip:sip4 at mi.pt>

Many thanks for your help,
Paulo