[Asterisk-Users] solid-state asterisk pbx?

Andy Powell andy at beagles-den.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 17 03:28:16 MST 2005

On 16/02/2005 at 09:00 Michael Graves wrote:

>Andy Powell has prepared a CF image at www.automated.it/asterisk. I
>have been able to get this booted on a testbed system.
>
>Sadly, I'm a Linux newbie and not skilled at command line
>administration, thus I'm stuck at the moment. I can get the existing
>image running, but have not been able to get ssh working, change
>passwords, load my configs to the CF, etc. If there's someone on-list
>who could assist in this regard I'd gladly share my experience moving
>my production server to be CF based.
>
>Michael

lo,

If you are using dhcp for the test box then login and type

dhcpcd

then to start ssh...

sshd

to change your password...

passwd

You need to copy the password files back to the cf so that it'll be copied back
at boot. To mount the 3rd partition (where the configs live):

mount /dev/hda3 /mnt/cfgs

remember to umount it when you're done. There are some example configs on hda3
(hint rename the examples folder to just astlive - AFTER you edit the network stuff etc :D)

quick command reference:

cd = cd
cp = copy
rm = delete