[Asterisk-Users] Monitoring Conferences

Michael Blood Michael at Matraex.com
Wed Feb 16 21:29:42 MST 2005

But then how do we get past the problem of silence when there is only
one person in the room or recording a bunch of music when there is only
one person in the MeetMe room?

Also,  just for clarification on the Channel: section below.
What is the break down of the value and what do they mean?
Local/   = does this mean a local channel somehow?
68600012  = is this the conference number
@ default is this the context number?

Basically I am trying to figure out how we can specify the meetme room
in the Manager request.

Thanks

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of mattf
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 8:15 PM
To: 'Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion'
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Monitoring Conferences

Use the manager API to send a call from the meetme room to an extension
that does Monitor for a specified period of time. That is how we do it
in the astGUIclient suite and it works great.

; extensions.conf entry:
; this is used for recording conference calls, the client app sends the
filename
;    value as a callerID, recordings go to /var/spool/asterisk/monitor
exten => 8309,1,Answer
exten => 8309,2,Monitor(wav,${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => 8309,3,Wait,3600
exten => 8309,4,Hangup

Manager Command:
Action: Originate