[Asterisk-Users] When callerid changes its value ?

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Wed Feb 16 09:06:31 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm reading a lot of stuff about callerid problems, but couldn't find any
logical explanation of Asterisk behaviour with callerid. When I receive
incoming call, caller info seems ok, but when transferred to local extension
via some macros, callerid gets to 'asterisk'. Does anyone know why and when
this happens ?

Does equipment like Grandstream behave normally and displays only
callerdinum or should caller id name be same as number ? How do you deal
easily with caller id if you have several different sip/iax clients ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.