[Asterisk-Users] Sphinx

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 11:53:45 MST 2005

In a production environment, I would not attempt to run Sphinx on
the same computer as Asterisk   A few users interacting with
Sphinx could consume all of the server's resources and then some.

Same goes for DMBS servers, One big N-way join could tie up a
CPU for tens of seconds.

--- Mark Kidd <marklappy at mweb.co.za> wrote:

> Has anybody managed to implement Sphinx in their * system reasonably
> painlessly.
>
> if so:
>
> does it cause any problems with normal * operations.
> does it place any sort of constant heavy load on the machine.
>
> are there options for simple vs advanced implementations.
>
> all i am looking for is basicaly for a person to say a branch name.
>
> ie: johannesburg
>
> thanks

=====
Chris Albertson