[Asterisk-Users] Attended xfer

Mark Benson mark.benson at iqit.co.uk
Wed Feb 16 07:11:49 MST 2005

I've been going round in circles looking for user documentation for
asterisk. There is plenty of documentation for setting it up (which I've
done) but what I can't seem to find is an explanation of how to actually
use it, specifically with regard to transferring calls.

I am running 1.0.5 and can happily blind xfer from extension to
extension, but I can't blind xfer. I have read various snippets about #2
or #8 or other such key combos, but nothing seems to let me do attended
xfer.

I have budgetone 102s that have an xfer button that puts incoming calls
on hold but then sits with a dial tone and no matter what extension I
dial it does nothing. Blind xfer with the # key works ok.

 From xlite I can blind xfer without problem but no attended xfer.

Can anyone tell me what I should be doing to do attended xfer?

As for the alternative to attended xfer, parking calls, I'm guessing
this is just a case of blind xfering calls to a parking extension?

Cheers for any help.

Mark