[Asterisk-Users] Mandrake 9.2 and CAPI

Craig Guy cguy at bigpond.net.au
Tue Feb 15 22:37:13 MST 2005

I might have a similar issue -

Using Fedora Core 2 with Kernel 2.6.9, Asterisk 1.0.3 Stable, chan_capi
0.3.5, AVM Fritz! PCI card v2.0 and mISDN

mISDN loads ok, CAPI loads ok, Asterisk sees the b channels as available but
is unable to place any outgoing calls.  With capi debug enabled the error
message I get back is x3303 which according to the capi specification means
a layer 3 error which I am interpreting as the D channel is fine, but the
call is failing when trying to bring up the B channel.

In my modprobe.conf I am calling the avmfritz kernel module with parameter
protocol=2 (DSS1 signalling) which is correct for Australia.

I would really like to get this working with mISDN so I can support PTP
(DID), but if not then I will be trying the drivers from AVM for kernel 2.6
(A google search for 'fcpci FC2' or 'fcpci FC3' will turn up RPM's for AVM
drivers compiled for kernel 2.6

I think I am missing a configuration option somewhere for the avmfritz
module - For instance where do I specify the line mode as being PTP or PTMP?
I also have an EICON DIVA card running in the same box and successfully
using the melware mISDN drivers and chan_capi so I am fairly certain that I
am missing info on configuring the avmfritz driver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Craig