[Asterisk-Users] iax.cc and/or Sixtel.net seems like IT IS A SCAM.

Andrejus Stavickis andy at loyalty.com
Tue Feb 15 16:46:11 MST 2005

Hi,

Apparently, the Sixtel/IAX/etc are the divisions of iNetMedia LLC. That
what they write on their website:
iNetMedia, LLC
About Us

iNetMedia, LLC is a Colorado-based Limited Liability Company founded by
individuals who have real-world Internet and network knowledge.

All of the staff at iNetMedia have at least five years working
experience in Internet or network related services. You can feel safe
trusting iNetMedia with your important needs.

They really have only Virtual presence !
1. No real address, nothing. Only toll-free number that is the same for
all of their "companies" and their e-mail that is the same too.
2. The DNS zone result:
   Domain Name: INETM.NET
   Registrar: TUCOWS INC.
   Whois Server: whois.opensrs.net
   Referral URL: http://domainhelp.tucows.com
   Name Server: NS1.IODNS.NET
   Name Server: NS1.TENDIAL.COM
   Updated Date: 30-jul-2004
   Creation Date: 30-jul-2004
   Expiration Date: 30-jul-2005

 Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.IODNS.NET   72.20.1.158
    NS1.TENDIAL.COM   209.237.228.205

3. their web-site (www.sixtel.net) IP (205.234.133.204) is routed to
Chicago (reverse lookup is "Unknown.ord.scnet.net")
4. their website www.inetm.net ip (72.20.1.158) is routed to California
server hosting company, where you can get a dedicated server for
$99/month. Reverse lookup returns empty name.
4. Scnet.net has 5 pages website (quite a work for ISP), that any kid
could create in 1h
5. IODNS.NET does not have any website However if you go there by IP,
you get a "herbal processing LLC" website, which looks surprisingly like
sixtel.net
6. Tendial.com is dead at all.

Looks like a garage-grown company to me, who has a sysadmins working
full-time somewhere else. Does anyone wants a IAX termination from me ?
Looks like I qualify to run the same business :) I have * pbx sitting in
my basement, 3000/800 ADSL line, I can make such website. Looks like I
start another SevenTel tomorrow!

This makes me look like a fool myself not to do such research before I
ordered DID from them. But I just hope others will not make the same
mistake.

--Andy.