[Asterisk-Users] Put call on hold

Shaun Ewing sewing at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 15:34:16 MST 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:44:13 +0100, Stefano Arata
<asterisktroubles at wildcard.it> wrote:
> Hi, I have two analog phones connected on the digium tdm22b; I can't put
> calls on hold by pressing the R button on the phone. I can do it only by
> hook flash. How can I configure asterisk to use the R button?
>
> Thank you in advance.

A hook flash and recall (R) are essentially the same thing.

Make sure that the phone isn't set to earth recall (it should be set
to timed break recall). The tdm card might be expecting be expecting a
different timed loop break value.

For example, Italian phone systems expect a value of 90ms. The USA
expects around 700ms. Your phone is probably configured for the
Italian phone system.

See if you can reconfigure the phone. Otherwise, I'm not sure if the
value on the TDM400P cards can be reconfigured as I don't use them.

-Shaun