[Asterisk-Users] Nortel i2004

Jim Van Meggelen jim at vanmeggelen.ca
Tue Feb 15 15:10:07 MST 2005

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
> Stefan Gofferje wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> has anybody knowledge about the Nortel i2004? Nortel calls it
>> "Internet Phone". I'm curious, which protocols it may understand...
>
> I just came back from a Nortel roadshow and was told it's H.323.

That's one of the things that's so fascinating about Nortel - they
themselves often have no clue how their products work.

Nortel is desperately trying to pretend their VoIP products are
standards compliant. What they fail to mention is that you have to buy a
Nortel gateway product of some sort to actually achieve this.