[Asterisk-Users] Strange error in debug file

Asterisk asterisk at dotr.com
Tue Feb 15 12:09:05 MST 2005

Replies inline:

Andrew Thompson wrote:

> Asterisk wrote:
>
>> Has anyone seen this before ?
>>
>> Feb 15 18:37:34 DEBUG[866]: That's odd...  Got a response on a call
>> we dont know about.
>

> I'm guessing that happens when asterisk has hung up on some device but
> that device hasn't figured it out yet(therefore it's still trying to
> talk back to asterisk).
>
> Do you know if any calls had recently completed?

Trouble is that we have 40ish agents making and receiving calls all the
time, so it's difficult to pin this down to a particular device. I'm
going to turn on SIP debugging for a little while as well.

> It would be nice if the debug info gave more information about what
> device sent us this phantom data.

True, but all I've got is 20 or so of these lines in a row

>> I've got a whole load of them (328 in the last 5 minutes ...)
>

> I have seen this message, when dealing with my SPA2000. I am still
> testing VOIP providers for home use and have not turned my box up
> live, so I don't monitor the logs unless I am hacking on it and see
> something interesting go by.
>
> You could crank your verbosity up (3 minimum), turn on SIP and/or IAX
> debugs and wait a little more prepared to see if it happens again.

Verbosity is set at 15 :)

Thanks. Julian.