[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk, inband DTMF send by a GSM mobile

Florian Lefeuvre florian.lefeuvre at actinium-corp.com
Tue Feb 15 11:12:48 MST 2005

>On Feb 15, 2005, at 10:09 AM, Florian Lefeuvre wrote:
>

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I use a GSM device to send dtmf on my asterisk system (via SIP).
>>> the codec I use is ulaw (or a-law).
>>> dtmf mode is INBAND.
>>> relaxmode is on.
>>> but most of the case,  I 'missed' some DTMF or
>>> I 'double' one.
>>> as anybody as seen this before?
>>> is there any way to prevent this
>>>

>I suffer from this problem all of the time but I'm configured for
>out-of-band dtmf on the asterisk side thanks to IAX2 trunking. I think
>the problem is GSM or maybe cell phones in general. I know this has
>been discussed before.
>
>-mark

Thanks for your response mark,

I find the compilation option RADIO_RELAX.
this option change a threshold in DTMF detection (function dtmf_detect
in dsp.c)
I remark an big improvement in the detection of the dtmf over GSM.
have you ever test this option?
RADIO is obscur for me, does it mean all wireless device?

Florian