[Asterisk-Users] Sip phones how to dial a # sign?

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue Feb 15 10:35:12 MST 2005

Pedro wrote:

> Is there a way to somehow do an "escape" # so that you can still use
> the # key to control devices that require a #, but still keep the T in
> the dial plan?  We have clients that need to check external voicemail
> systems that require the use of the # sign, but still want to have the
> call parking feature.

Your SIP device does not support attended transfers?  That really
sucks.  T and t are cool hacks for devices that do not support
transfers.  If your devices support their own transfer feature (odd
enough usually labeled "Transfer") then there is NO REASON to use T/t
transfers.  If your SIP devices do not support their own transfer
option then either you didn't do enough research before you installed
Asterisk or you were just too cheap when buying phones.

Do you really need to park outbound external calls?