[Asterisk-Users] Fail to detect DTMF over direct ISDN pri lin k

Sylvain Gagnon Sylvain.Gagnon at BceElix.com
Tue Feb 15 09:29:21 MST 2005

Thank you Peter for you reply,

I realize this problem occur because I take the CVS head (maybe a bugs get
introduce), because when I rebuild using the checkout of the latest stable
version (cvs checkout -r v1-0), I don't have the problem of detection of
DTMF over a direct ISDN pri link. Hopefully this problem with be fixed
before the next release of asterisk.

Sylvain.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Peter Svensson
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 11:11 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Fail to detect DTMF over direct ISDN pri link

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Sylvain Gagnon wrote:

> I'm using Asterisk (latest CVS head) to perform outbound call as
> robot/testing tool for an IVR platform, with a Wildcard T100P configure as
> ISDN Pri.
> For develop the exten context script I was using a real PSTN ISDN Megalink
> (DMS100) to reach the platform and my script was able to correctly
detected
> the DTMF tone send back by the platform to synchronize the script.
> But for load test, I want to used a direct ISDN link with the platform,
> without to change anything at the Asterix side, I configure the platform
> be the ISDN Network side (DMS100) with a twist cable. The D-Channel can
up;
> I am able to perform call, except Asterisk doesn't detect any DTMF
anymore?
> Why? What is the relation with the ISDN link?
> I use the "monitor" command to record the call, and I really hear the DTMF
> tone correctly...
> I try to put relaxdtmf=yes in the Zapata.conf, but no success....
> Thanks for any help or suggestion to diagnose this problem.

I'm not quite sure I understand your setup when the dtmf detection works /
does not work. Can you explain what is connected to what for the two
cases?

One possibility I can think of is that inband digits are not detected on a
PRI until the call is in the PROCEEDING phase. Until then the digits are
dent as INFORMATION elements. Perhaps your two pieces of equipment do not
agreee on the state of the call?

Peter

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: